13 in 13 Marathon No.8 – Billericay Run
Unfortunately we had to cancel taking part in the Halstead & Essex Marathon after Amelie was admitted to hospital with a chest infection in the week leading up to the race. Thankfully, after a couple of days in hospital she was allowed to go home and is now on the mend.
This led to all of us who were due to take part in the race (me, Danny, Matt and Steph) deciding when and where we could fit in the marathon for May. Luckily, my brother Matt stepped up to the plate and told us to not worry about organising something as he was on it! After a few days he had come up with a route, contacted the local press, got more people to take part and even got some medals made!
Matt has planned the route so that it starts in Billericay, Essex where he lives and takes in some of the local sights. The plan is for us to run a 42km figure of eight route which takes us past where we grew up and went to school in Ingatestone.
The plan for the day
Everyone will be meeting at The Inn on the Green in Billericay (the address is Mountnessing Rd, Billericay, Essex CM12 0EH – a map is here) at 9am to start the full marathon a little later. People joining us at the shorter distances will meet us along the way – if you would like more information on this then please use the contact us form.
The local press will be coming down to do a feature on the race and afterwards everyone will be heading to The Inn on the Green for a drink and some food.
- Daniel Lewi – hoping to shake off a cold which he picked up from Amelie and the hospital
- Daniel How – feeling better after injury and he was glad we didn’t run the hilly Halstead & Essex Marathon
- Matthew Lewi – organiser and route planner of this race – if we get lost it’s his fault
- Stephan Walsh – looking forward to finally picking up a medal for finishing a marathon
- Dave Carlson – his first run for the charity and one of those annoying people who is naturally fit and can run a marathon with zero training
We also have other people joining us during the run to take part in half marathon, quater marathon and 5km distances. If you want to join us for any of these then pelase get in touch using the contact us form. It will be great to have more people down for the day!
How to sponsor us
You can sponsor us for the 13 in 13 challenge through any of the options below.
- Donate by JustGiving here
- Donate by JustTextGiving by texting CATS59 £5 to 70070
- Donate by PayPal here
- Donate by cheque here
- Donate by bank transfer here
|Date||26th May 2012|
|Event name||Billericay Run|
|Read more on 13 in 13||Click here|
|Donate by JustGiving|
|Donate by JustTextGiving||Text CATS59 £5 to 70070|
|Donate by PayPal|